Saturday 1 March 2014

Alive and busy – Viva y ocupada



[ENGLISH] Busy? Yes, very busy. R started crawling at 5.5 months and it certainly has not helped me find any time to sit down and write. I have a few unfinished posts… so I am now trying to post shorter entries to see if I can finish them. I should probably try to write in the tablet, does anyone know of a good spell check for Android?

R
G is going great at school: “Finally! Someone is going to teach me how to read” he said after his teacher announced that they were to learn.

Work is crazy. Way too many things to do and I am starting teaching next week. I am getting things done but urgent things arise on a daily basis. I miss the time I had in my hands when I used to sometimes procrastinate in the internet… I hardly get time to even read all my e-mails some days!

Bell's Palsy is still here... 10 months and counting... in fact, quite close to 11 months since it started. I am still uncomfortable and quite self conscious about my smile or the fact that my left eye closes when I eat. I am doing facial retraining exercises. I found a physiotherapist from Sydney University whose line of research includes recovery from Bell's Palsy. She is incredibly supportive and her exercises seem to be working. She is also someone that truly understands what I have been going through... I always end up with tears in my eyes and she hugs me.

G and I on his first day of school, I like this photo, it is my good side -
G y yo en su primer dia de cole, me gusta esta foto ya que es mi lado bueno

R, my time pit, lots of fun, lots of time --
R, mucha diversion y mucho tiempo
[SPANISH] Ocupada? Como loca!! R empezó a gatear con 5.5 meses y esta nueva actividad frenética con la que se pasea por toda la casa no me ha ayudado a sentarme y escribir. He empezado entradas y las he dejado sin acabar. A ver si escribiendo entradas más cortas consigo acabarlas. Debería escribir más en la tableta… alguien conoce algún corrector para Androide?

G va genial en el cole nuevo, le encanta: “Finalmente me van a ensenar a leer!” exclamó cuando la profesora anunció que iban a aprender.

G in his uniform - G con su uniforme
El trabajo va bien. Demasiadas cosas para hacer y además empiezo a dar clases la semana que viene. Voy avanzando y haciendo cosas pero a diario aparecen cosas urgentes. Como echo de menos aquellos tiempos en los que hasta tenía tiempo para perderlo navegando por internet… hay días en los que ni siquiera consigo abrir todos los correos que recibo.


Continúo con la Parálisis de Bell… 10 meses y suma y sigue, de hecho, ya son casi 11 meses desde que todo comenzó. Sigo bastante incómoda y me cuesta sonreír, me cuesta física y psicológicamente, no me gusta mi sonrisa nueva, no me reconozco. Estoy haciendo ejercicios con una fisioterapeuta de la Universidad de Sydney cuya línea de investigación incluye recuperación de Parálisis de Bell. Es una gran profesional y se le nota que sabe lo que hace, sus ejercicios parece que funcionan. Sobre todo es alguien que, porque lo ha visto muchas veces, entiende lo que estoy pasando… siempre acabo llorosa cuando me pregunta cómo me siento, y luego siempre me abraza.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment