Wednesday 1 January 2014

Welcome 2014 – Bienvenido 2014



Family photo in Manly
[ENGLISH] I have been full-time mothering, this is why I have been away. Lots of work before going on holidays and then lots of things to do with the kids. 

I am happy to see 2013 go. 2013 has been hard, really hard. I have seen people very close to me battle with depression and not always win. But I guess that the important thing is that they have been trying to get out and are in the path of recovery. My face went all wonky in April and has not recovered yet (I am yet to post the update on my Bell’s Palsy). And I also had a cancer scare with my mother. Lots of other ugly things happened to my good friends: one was in hospital with Purpura and another in hospital with cancer, another lost his mother, another did not get her permanent position, and my cousin divorced in a rather ugly way… and so on…

Two sons
My normal year ended in April as I have been unable to function normally afterwards. My face was painful and debilitating and as a result I took 1 month of sick leave. Thankfully my pregnancy went well and R was born on the 29th of July. And what a delight that has been! R is the sweetest and loveliest and cuddliest little boy. He is kind and gentle and has compensated everything else. What would have been a horrible year to forget has become a year to remember. Seeing my two kids grow and interact and play with their father has been what has kept me going this year.

I hope that 2014 is better, I want health and happiness and rest… and peace of mind… but I am starting to think that this is what growing up is about. Maybe this is what grown-ups were warning me when I wanted to grow up faster.

Happy new year to every one! May 2014 be great for all of us <3 <3 <3




G on his bike
[ESPAÑOL] He estado ocupada. Esto de ser mama a tiempo completo me ha tenido atada de pies y manos. Antes de irme de vacaciones anduve a cien por hora acabando cosas y en las vacaciones me lo estoy pasando pipa con los niños.

Me alegro de que se acabe el 2013. Ha sido un año súper duro. He visto como gente muy cercana ganaba y perdía batallas contra la depresión. Lo importante, sin embargo, es verlos luchar y que estén en el buen camino. Mi cara se torció en abril y todavía no me he recuperado (tengo que colgar una actualización de cómo va mi parálisis de Bell). También tuvimos un susto que le tuvieron que quitar un cáncer de piel a mi madre. Demasiadas cosas feas e infelices ocurrieron a mis amigos cercanos: una estuvo en el hospital con Púrpura, otra con cáncer, otro amigo perdió a su madre, y otra no consiguió su plaza de investigadora, y mi primo ha acabado en un divorcio muy feo… y más…

Merry Christmas from R (with snow effects)Mi año normal acabó en abril, desde ésa que no he sido capaz de vivir una vida normal. Mi parálisis fue debilitante e incómoda (y, a veces, dolorosa) y acabé cogiendo un mes de baja por enfermedad. Menos mal que el embarazo fue bien y R nació el 29 de julio. Y menuda maravilla de niño! R es dulce, bueno, cariñoso, sonriente… su llegada y su personalidad ha compensado todo el resto de desgracias de este año. Así, ha convertido 2013 en un año para recordar en lugar de un año para olvidar. Ver como mis dos hijos crecen juntos e interaccionan, ver como juegan con su padre ha sido lo que más me ha ayudado este año.

Espero que el 2014 sea mejor, quiero salud y felicidad y descanso… y tranquilidad… pero estoy empezando a pensar que estas preocupaciones son la consecuencia de crecer y que esto era lo que los mayores nos advertían cuando queríamos crecer más rápido.

Feliz año nuevo para todos! Que el 2014 sea fantástico para todos nosotros <3 <3 <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment