Sunday 16 June 2013

Parental Guilt – Culpa de Padres (y Madres)



[ENGLISH] There is a really good swell here now and B (husband), a keen surfer, of course wants to go surfing. He feels guilty to go surfing, and I tell him to go (he becomes unbearable if out of the water for too long), then he says that it is not fair and I remind him of all the times I have gone out with friends, gone to Zumba or Yoga... He keeps on saying that it is not the same and then goes. It is funny that I laugh at his guilt because I too feel guilty when I go and do something and let him alone with G.  

The reality is that, I actually enjoy my solo days with G because I know that they are not too many. Today we went to a restaurant and shared a plate of Lasagna, it was great! Then we went to the playground and ended up at the local bowling club having fish and chips with some friends.

Full respect to all the single parents out there, taking care of kids is definitely a job for at least two people!
 
 
B surfing, I took the top left (Portugal)  and the bottom right (Australia) pictures.

[ESPAÑOL] Hay olas buenas para surfear y B (marido), que es un surfero dedicado, se quiere ir por ahí a surfear. Se siente culpable de irse y dejarme sola con G, yo le digo que se vaya (la verdad es que cuando lleva tiempo fuera del agua se pone insoportable), y él dice que no es justo, después yo le recuerdo de todas las veces que he salido yo sola o me he ido a clases de Zumba o de Yoga… B sigue en sus trece y dice que no es lo mismo. Lo gracioso de que me ría de su culpabilidad es que yo me siento igual siempre que me voy por ahí y lo dejo a él solo con G.

La verdad es que me encantan mis días a solas con G porque sé que son contados. Hoy fuimos a un restaurante y compartimos un plato de Lasagna que estaba buenísima! Después fuimos al parque y acabamos yendo al bowling club (no bolos, una especie de petanca que se juega en Australia) a tomar pescado frito con patatas con unos amigos.

Me quito el sombrero ante todos los padres que cuidan de sus hijos solos todo el tiempo; cuidar niños es definitivamente un trabajo para por lo menos dos personas!

No comments:

Post a Comment