Monday 24 June 2013

Sleeping at 36 weeks - Dormir a las 36 semanas


#2 at 34 weeks - Secun con 34 semanas

[ENGLISH] I have had pain in my left ear for the last couple of days and I am really tired. I am not sleeping well because of the 36 weeks big pregnant belly and I am also having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions at night. What does the pain in the ear mean? Healing or getting worse? I have been trying to find information about pregnant women with Bell’s palsy spontaneously getting healed while they give birth and I have found none. Only one of my mother’s friends said that it happened to her and I am holding on to that hope for dear life although deep inside I feel that this is going to be a long recovery journey. Serious research papers in peer review journals found through Google Scholar show no evidence of sudden recovery on birth. I found one though that explained that BP affects 0.017% of pregnant women, of which most of them are overweight and/or with high blood pressure... as I am not overweight and I have low blood pressure I figure that I am the noise in the statistics.


On the happy side of things a couple of weeks ago I had an ultrasound to check on #2 and they took a 3D (4D?) image of him. We all agree that he looks a lot like G. What do you think?


G at 4 days - G con 4 días
[ESPAÑOL] Llevo un par de días con dolor de oído y estoy agotada. No he dormido bien por culpa de la macro barriga de 36 semanas pero además también he tenido muchas contracciones Braxton Hicks durante las noches. Qué significa el dolor de oído? Se está curando o está empeorando? He estado buscando documentación sobre mujeres embarazadas con Parálisis de Bell que se hayan curado espontáneamente durante el parto. No he encontrado nada. Sólo una de las amigas de mi madre dice que le paso a ella y yo me agarro a esa esperanza con uñas y dientes, aunque la verdad es que creo que la recuperación va a ser larga. También he usado Google Scholar para buscar artículos científicos en revistas con revisión de pares y no he encontrado ninguna evidencia de recuperación espontánea al dar a luz. Sí que encontré un artículo que decía que 0.017% de las mujeres embarazadas desarrollan Parálisis de Bell y que la inmensa mayoría de ellas también tienen sobrepeso y/o tensión alta. Yo, ni lo uno ni lo otro, así que debo de ser ruido estadístico.

Como nota alegre decir que hace un par de semanas me hicieron una ecografía para ver cómo iba Secundino  y grabaron un par de imágenes 3D (4D?). A todos se nos parece muchísimo a G, que os parece?

No comments:

Post a Comment